An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Monday, May 4, 2009

"Oh, where is my hairbrush?"

You might be wondering what's going on with the hair situation. God has been good to provide a really good place to purchase a hair replacement system (like a wig); they have already proven themselves very supportive and attentive. I woke up Sat. morning with my hair hurting, a sign that the hair loss will happen soon. As instructed, I called to notify them as this is earlier than expected. Even though they were closed, they called back within 15 minutes and had suggestions and encouragement. Thank You, Lord. (By the way, I won't be able to use my own hair for the wig nor sell it. I'm hoping to be able to donate it but haven't had a chance to go on-line and get the details of how to go about it. I'll cut it last minute.)

So, when I woke up with my hair hurting (feels like after I've pulled my hair back too tightly), I was pretty upset. Theoretically, this shouldn't be happening until more than a week after my adriamycin treatment (which is this Wed.). So, as you can imagine, I started to cry. I was really hoping to have my own hair on my birthday, and this development made that look improbable. I was disappointed. Well, the point of this story is that Lyndsey asked me, "Mumma, why you cryin'?" I told her that I was sad because I would be losing my hair soon. Her response, "I will save yours hairs." How precious.

[For those of you who don't have preschoolers, the title of the posting is part of a Veggie Tales silly song.]

7 comments:

  1. Sarah~
    I will pray that God gives you more precious moments like the one with Lyndsey to help you have perspective on your hair loss. I can only imagine how devastating it is to have long beautiful hair like yours, only to lose it. I know that God will hold you up even when feeling this loss deeply. It is important to HIM. You are beautiful inside and out and I know He will continue to strengthen you through this difficult trial! Praying for you as you go for another treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I'm praying for a very special week for you - with Mother's Day and your Birthday coming up! I pray that the Lord will make you overflow with joy in knowing how loved you are, by Him and by all those He has surrounded you with! And although we haven't met, and I haven't gotten to see it in person, you do have gorgeous long hair. :) But your Father's got each one numbered - and will indeed bring them all back in time. Perhaps curly! I'll be praying through the timing of cutting/shaving it, and your day to day decisions with a wig, hats, scarves, etc. Although you will soon have "no hair for your hairbrush" (we love that song!) don't forget YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN OF GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! First, I love the Veggie Tales reference. I will be singing that all day now...lol.

    Second, I just wanted to say that you are absolutely beautiful inside and out! You have an amazing strength that is inspiring and leaves me speechless. I am so encouraged by your faith and I pray I would be able to go through what you have with half your grace!

    Always thinking and praying for you with lots of *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are also singing the Hairbrush Song today too. I echo Steph's comments! You are a beautiful woman inside and out. Listen to your kids! Sounds like they have honest and precious words of encouragement! Love you. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean Gagnon and FamilyMay 6, 2009 at 10:19 PM

    aww i'll be singing that too
    Jason is putting your name on a bag that is coremorating people fighting cancer.. its a cancer awareness event with a walk the school is doing to raise money for research. people can pray for those on the bags, and know names to the cases he felt he wanted to put yours on there since mommy knows you. :) he has prayed for you to get better too. (cute i know) the event wil be next week and there are so many that have it and survived it! You are strong and we will continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah,
    I also agree with Steph's comments. I'm so sorry that the signs of the hair loss are showing already but if ever there was a woman who would look stunning with no hair, it would totally be you! I'm praying that the Lord would allow you to keep your hair at least until your birthday (if not longer) and that He'd continue to give you little word of encouragement thru your precious children.
    He WILL work this out for good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the encouragment, ladies. God is helping me work through this. My hair hasn't been hurting lately either, which is good.

    ReplyDelete