An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wigging me out

Sarah did not get her hair cut today. The stylist that created Sarah's wig (the one who was suppose to cut her hair), said that her hair was still holding strong. He should be able to pull at least ten hairs from the top of her head, but was only able to pluck two and Sarah felt each one. So, when Sarah is able to pull at least ten hairs then she will get it all cut off. The stylist thinks it is going to be a few more days.
She did bring home the wig today though. And let me tell you it is freaky looking. It looks just like Sarah (as it should). Sarah had put it on our hutch (on the bust) while we ate dinner and it kept catching my eye and freaking me out. She said we are going to keep it in our bedroom ... I don't think so... I am not going to wake up in the middle of the night to be freaked out by this head of hair looking at me. Call me weird but it just wigs me out.

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny, glad for your sense of humor!
    The wig will grow on you!
    Love,
    Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised that Sarah didn't have to have her haircut yet since our prayers have been for God to protect her hair, as He knows the number of each one. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of you and Bob!!! Sarah seriously you need a cancer support group. As a cancer survivor please take my advice. Everything you are feeling and questioning right now is NORMAL for someone in your position. To sit in a room with other people young and old who have cancer is So helpful. Believe me it is what you need to do and soon. Please Sarah find a group. The first one that you find may not be one for you, but there is one out there. Check out the Portsmouth Hospital, they used to have a wonderful group.

    ReplyDelete