An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hair yesterday, Gone today

So, it's been done. I no longer have long hair. It was coming out in massive amounts this morning, so I knew it was time. It was kind of good because I was actually getting mad about all these long hairs that I kept trying to pick off my arms and clothes. So in that sense, I was ready for it to go.
Do I like my short hair? No. But I'm sure I'll be less thrilled with no hair at all, so I'm not going to complain much. The kids don't really seem phased by it, so that is good. Bob said he liked it, to which I grouchily replied, "Don't like it too much." He's always had an eye for short haircuts as evidenced by his pre-Sarah days. 8)

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for God's peace in every detail...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah you are such a pretty girl, I'm sure you are just as pretty now. The hair will grow back when you are done. Try to think of it that way, this is just a phase of the chemo. It will be over maybe by Christmas. God Bless you. Love, Aunt Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also pray for your Mother. Last year Michelle & Rod went on a cruise for 10 days and I moved into their house to care for the girls. It was so exhausting to be there and in a full schedule with all four girls. I did not have the additional exhaustion that your Mom has of dealing with a daughter who is going through what you are going through. Your Mom is and Angel and I pray for her every day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd still choose the "Sarah Levasseur look" :o)
    Love you, Stacy
    Instead it should be that of the inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 3Peter 4

    ReplyDelete