An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Blessings

Boy, did God show His love to me on my birthday; I am humbled and amazed.

The day started with me having a bad attitude. I woke up feeling bad that it was my birthday and I was feeling so crappy. Honestly, I wanted to just bypass the whole thing. However, God quickly convicted me that this was not a good attitude, and I confessed. I proceeded to get out of bed and drag myself to women's Bible study. My energy levels were so low, and I was still battling nausea, but I knew it would do wonders for my soul.

I won't give you the play-by-play, but the day was FILLED with people doing things to just make me feel so loved and special. From cards to well wishes to a birthday party brought to me (with party hats, noise makers, a balloon and flowers, cake, and best of all, family) to hearing my kids sing "Happy Birthday" to me TWICE to gifts including the doorbell ringing many times with somebody delivering plants, fruit, flowers. I was blown away. Perhaps the best part was the many expressions from people's hearts about their feelings of me being in their life. I do not deserve these birthday blessings, but I am so thankful. Who would have thought that my birthday would be so opposite of what I had expected? Isn't God gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment