An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Thursday, March 12, 2009

He's Named - Ethan Covill Levasseur

,
Sorry it took so long. We have had other things on our minds. It just seemed too hard to think of a name that was meaningful. We settled on Ethan, the author of Psalm 89, a musician in King David's court. His name means Strong / Firm. Covill is Sarah's maiden name.
Ethan is doing well, although he is still loosing rather than gaining wieght. He has made a few trips up to our room to visit because Mumma can't go to him. He really likes to snuggle up with Sarah. As you can see from above, he is completely content to just relax in Mumma's arms. Although, tonight he did get down to business and had a good meal. Sarah's milk supply has really started to kick in. Because he is now down to 5 pounds, the nurses have added some neonatal formula to Sarah's milk (when bottle feeding) to help boost Ethan's caloric intake. Continue to pray for his weight gain and the ability to take all his feedings by mouth (without getting too tired) so we can take him home at the same time Sarah is discharged from the hospital (3 - 5 days more).

11 comments:

  1. Bob and Sarah~ I love the name you chose!!! We have been praying for you, and continue...we will be praying for Ethan to gain weight. This is close to my heart as I can remember what we went through with Caleb. Caleb was term and only 5lbs. 12oz. He lost 1 pound (alot when you're that tiny!) and we ended up in the hospital. He got jump started and look at him now!!! :) I remember what it was like though, and how I hoped everytime they put him on the scales that he had at least gained an oz. We are praying weight on Ethan!!! :)
    Take Care, We Love You ~ Kathleen and Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you all. It was good to see you yesterday. Hope you were encouraged by us being there. It was good to hold little man, Ethan. We're praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to finally be able to pray for baby Levasseur by name! A great name at that. I had a strong feeling you would use Covill as the middle name... I know how much it means to you Sarah. So sorry I missed your call last night by the way. Aaron was happy he had the opportunity to talk with you. Can't wait to see you. Miss you guys~ Much love,Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. There couldn't be a more meaningful and appropriate Bible name for your baby boy! I read the whole Psalm to our 3 children when I saw this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking two days ago that Ethan would be a great name because it also means strong. What a perfect name for a perfect baby. Your family is very strong and because of you I see life differently. I pray for you Sarah and your family about 100 time a day. Cretia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! This little Ethan is so precious! What a beautiful picture of him. We are stilling praying for all of you. His steadfast love never ceases.
    Love, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great name! I was wondering when Littleman was going to get a rightful name (although he will always be remembered as Bestill to me) I was looking up the translation for "stand still" found in the passage in 2nd Chronicles that you have grown to love... just to see if it might make a good name. The Aramaic for "stand still" is 'amad, which might make someone a good name. (not for Ethan...) But,the Hebrew translation was pronounced "Harpoo"... I didn't think you would go too crazy over that one!
    We love you guys! Glen and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is absolutly beautiful, I could almost kiss my computer screen! Praise God that he is gaining weight! We continue to pray for all of your requests, keep them comming. My sister and her church in Texas are praying for you as well and following your blog. Hugs to you all~Sarah Barr (Traynor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you picked a good name and i am still praying for you all miss you guys!!
    God Bless You All!!

    ReplyDelete