An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Friday, April 10, 2009

Test Results

We are so relieved and grateful to share with you that ALL the tests from this week came back clear - no tumors. I hadn't really felt stressed about what the results would be, but when I was told that the breast MRI was clear, I cried. (Now you know who's writing this. *grin*) I guess I was more emotional about it than I realized. The colonoscopy/endoscopy didn't affect me as much as I thought it would, although the tiredness hit me like a brick at 8:30 this morning. I slept hard for 2 hours and struggled to get up at that point. (I'm so thankful that a friend was here watching Lyndsey, and cleaning!) Ethan and I enjoyed the nap together...no worries, he was safe from being smothered or rolled on as I'm still having to prop myself carefully with pillows so I won't dislocate the hip when on my side.

7 comments:

  1. Sarah, I knew you way back in kindergarten and haven't seen you since high school. My mom recently sent me the link to your blog and I have been following the posts. I am so glad to see that the test results were all clear. Hopefully you can enjoy a wonderful Easter weekend with your family now that those tests are over. We are thinking of you here in Chicago. BTW, I'm a pediatrician, and it looks like Ethan is doing wonderfully! - Molly Capron & Tim, Jacob, & Sam Zisman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! Sarah & Bob it's been a blessing to see you walk with God throughout the past weeks. I got to share your story with my bus driver and another friend. I'm praying for more opportunties to share your love and joy through a difficult time. The people in my neighborhood probably have never seen a family go through this situation with such grace. What a witness!
    ~Kristin S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan (Treanor) CrowleyApril 11, 2009 at 8:18 AM

    Praising God with you for clear test results!! Happy Easter!! :) Megan (Treanor) Crowley

    ReplyDelete
  4. So relieved to hear a good report in your test results! He continues to be faithful! I love you!
    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for answered prayer for you & Ethan, Sarah! Happy Easter to you and your precious family. love, Scott & Linda & family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God!!! We are so happy to hear that all of your tests came back good, God is so faithful. We love you!!!
    The Tuttles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see you guys on Friday night. Thanks for making time! Loving you and praying for you as you face the upcoming chemo. Thanks for the regular updates. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete