An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Monday, September 28, 2009

God is so good

So many things have happened recently, that I felt I could not just post the list in the "praises" column. I have to give you more details!

1. Last week was so interesting with the "different" accommodations when I went down to chemo. I was not familiar with this floor of the hospital at all, so it could have been quite stressful. However, God was so good in keeping me at peace. Maybe I've actually learned a little bit from His lessons when I had to be on Ellison 14 with Jason! Wouldn't that be cool?! I'm hoping it's long-term learning, and I'm thankful because I know the Source of all my peace, thoughts of looking to God's purposes in the change of plans, and ability to laugh instead of cry in frustration.
2. I wasn't sure what this week was going to hold as Aunt Carol needed to stay in NH. I had e-mailed Jason about going down with me, but I suspected that he had some scheduling conflict because of the youth group he leads on Wed. nights and the short notice. (Jason is the speaker.) Sat. AM, I went to a women's get-together, and my friend Nichole gingerly approached me about whether she could go to Boston with me (concerned that she not make me uncomfortable). It was an answer to a prayer before I even prayed it! So, Jason will stay with me Tues. night (as Nichole has work commitments on Tues.), and Nichole will stay with me Wed. night. Isn't that cool?
3. I avoided a blood transfusion last Monday, but I believe I'll need one this week. This is probably good timing in that I'll be at the hospital anyway and can have the transfusion between treatments (since it's not methotrexate this week). That sure beats spending an additional 4 hours away from the kids!
4. God sent me some encouragement last night through a conversation with a friend that I don't get to talk to all that often. It was such a pleasant surprise that she shared with me how God has used our situation to draw her closer to Him in prayer. This totally touched my heart, both what she said and that she shared it with me.
OK, gotta go get Anderson at kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment