An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Friday, September 11, 2009

my friend, Laurie

I have been blessed. My cousin-in-love introduced me to a new friend last March, Laurie. We quickly became dear to each other as she shared with me in our experiences with cancer and more importantly, our love of God. God used her to encourage me, continually drawing my eyes to Him and giving me a prayer partner. She was/is such a treasure, radiating Christ's light and love. What I find amazing is that even after her death (about a month ago now), God is still using her to impact me. I still think of things we talked about, words of encouragement she shared, and the spiritual legacy that she has left behind. I pray for her husband, Greg, and their children as even though they know Laurie is now in the best place ever, they miss her terribly. I highly recommend that you read the blog entry that can be accessed by this link. It is BEAUTIFUL, not a bit morbid. What perspective.

http://upapaddle.blogspot.com/2009/08/most-beautiful-bride.html

No comments:

Post a Comment