An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kids' Antics

As always, there are great stories to tell about what the kids are doing. I think that the funniest thing lately is watching Lyndsey want to be a Mumma. It's so cute. She types on her keyboard while I deal with stuff on the computer, she's always shuffling papers around (making keeping things organized very difficult), loves to "cut coupons" and make lists, thrives on organizing (which I sometimes wonder if it's a ploy to keep from having to actually pick up what's on her floor), likes to wash dishes and make sandwiches, is very attentive to trying to clean up messes on the floor like spilled water, and wants to mother Ethan in the worst way. He does NOT appreciate this as she doesn't read body language very well and is quite persistent. But, her intentions and attempts are quite cute, and flattering. I'm really enjoying the extra time I have with her now; it's precious.
Ethan is quite the toddler now. I can't believe how quickly he's changing. We've adjusted fairly well to his attempts to escape, but we're still trying to stay ahead of him as far as getting into things. The other day, I caught him with the computer mouse, the toilet bowl brush, and kitchen utensils from the drawer (that I hadn't seen him get into). He's fast and observant and doesn't like it when I take things away from him. He loves to explore anything that belongs to a big person, especially Lyndsey's kitchen stuff, her computer, and Anderson's cars and toys in his room. They're pretty good about working with him on this, although he's starting to catch on to the whole trading thing. 8) I'm amazed at how much he understands even though he doesn't talk. That little smirk of his says a lot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment