An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A great date

Anderson and I went on a special "date", and it will be one of my most cherished memories. He has been very "boy"...wanting to be rough and pushy and not wanting affection from Mom, thriving on time with Daddy, busy with his own things. Well, we went to Plimouth Plantation for the day. We rode a big bus there, toured the Wampanoag village and colonist settlement, saw Plymouth Rock, went on the Mayflower II, and went to McDonald's for supper! We learned a lot. I realized that Anderson and I are a lot alike in that way; we really like to learn and experience new things. I was amazed that he wasn't bored, even when I spent time asking questions of a Native Indian woman who had her baby with her. Anderson really enjoyed watching the woodworker using an old-fashioned lathe; it was cool.
What I enjoyed most about the trip was the extensive one-on-one time. We were able to goof around (and yes, elbow and push), ask and answer questions (I was amazed at his social understanding of what was going on between the 2 people groups and his frustration with how people could be so blind to the values of others just because they were different/foreign), explore, hypothesize, work together on projects, and yes, even hold hands. OK. That was my favorite part. It was a great day. (Thank you, Melissa, for watching Lyndsey and Ethan!)

1 comment:

  1. awesome Sarah! sounds like you read Anderson right. hopefully some one on one time will help

    ReplyDelete