An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More tidbits

OK. So we played bocci last night as a family. Anderson insisted on it since Mumma could play too. (That made me feel so good.) I lost, but as I was heading up the stairs, Anderson said, "Mumma, you played bocci pretty good for a cancer person." What an encourager!
We're going to try another round of antibiotics against the thrush...5 days. If it doesn't work, I just have to put up with it until this is over. The troche do help some; they just haven't cured it. In spite of my efforts to gain weight this week, I didn't. I didn't lose any either though.
I was talking with Melissa the other night on the phone (a rarity these days - boy, was it nice to have girlfriend time with her). Some of what we talked about was how God is probably using this trial in my life in much larger ways that I could even dream of. I had lost sight of this phenomena that is often true when we look back on hard times, and I really appreciated that Melissa was reminding me of this hope (as in a certainty that I'm looking forward to, not hope meaning something I wish for). I know that He can see the big picture and has awesome plans, but sometimes I forget to dream about it. I was telling Melissa that sometimes I wish I could know some of the specifics of how God is using this season as it would be so encouraging. It's nice to hear that others are encouraged by what we share or by what they see, but to know of specifics in people's lives touches my heart on a different level and gives my heart courage. Well, God provided some specifics through a very special letter from my Dad. Isn't that cool?

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, It is so nice to see you doing NORMAL family things. You are almost 2/3 of the way there and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your eye on the Prize which is good health again. He will give it to you I just know it. You will be looking back at this in 10 years, a changed person because of it and so much stronger in your faith. I pray for you everyday girl, keep up the good attitude and beat this thing. Love, Aunt Dianna

    ReplyDelete