An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Monday, August 10, 2009

God's Provision

Well, we had a busy weekend, which meant that I've slept a bit better. Sat., we were able to go to Bob's grandmother's 90th birthday party up in Maine. I was amazed that I was able to do it, and thankful. "Gigi" looks great; we haven't seen her in a long time. I was also pleased that she got to meet Ethan. It was nice to see family and for the kids to be able to play with their second cousins. They had a lot of fun. Lyndsey fell in the lake but God protected her. Where she fell, it wasn't that deep, and Daddy was watching nearby. Talk about a heart attack though. Bob and I also had some quality time while driving in the car, something I've been craving.
I only ended up with 1 little mouth sore. Thank you, Lord! I know that this is a result of prayer. The thrush is pretty bad, but I'm trying to be tolerant and not let it get to me. I have 2 medications to try to keep it from getting worse.
Sunday, Bob and I got to go on a date while Mom and Dad stayed with the kids. We went to see the tall ships in Portsmouth. It was so nice to spend time with him. I've really missed that a lot and look forward to after chemo when things can be a bit more normal. We're getting closer to it.
Today, I miscommunicated and ended up with the kids all by myself, and God provided the energy I needed. I took all 3 to the library for the end of the summer reading celebration, and I was really surprised that I could manage it. Thankfully, God was giving me a day of decent energy (and the kids were well-behaved). I had help this afternoon and took a long nap; I was pretty tired by then!
So, I'm thankful for the ways that God has provided, especially in the area of my perspective and emotional health. It has been a rough few weeks, so the reprieve is much appreciated. Maybe the next few weeks will be easier. Regardless, I need to keep rehearsing what He has done, knowing that there will be more as well.

1 comment:

  1. Jean Gagnon and FamilyAugust 10, 2009 at 9:22 PM

    praise be to God! he is awesome! isn't he??? Keep your head up and keep reaching out for him! he'lll carry you when you need him the most!

    ReplyDelete