An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A death in the family

While Mom and I were in the hospital last week, Bob handled a death in the family. Lyndsey's precious baby (boy) doll "Abby baby" (named after her friend, Abby, who gave her the doll) lost his leg for the second time. (The stitching holding the plastic leg to the cloth body let go.) We had seen this was in the works and weren't sure how to remedy the situation. Aunt Paula tried resewing it, but it didn't work. So, Daddy told Lyndsey that it was time to throw Abby baby in the garbage. He didn't leave her any choice but compassionately helped her pray for Abby baby to have a safe trip to the dump. 8) Lyndsey did fine with it, even after Aunt Carol mistakenly put Abby baby's overalls on Ethan the next day. Lyndsey noticed but was more confused about it than upset.

1 comment:

  1. I read this to Abby, and we both had a laugh. We both thought it was very cute!

    ReplyDelete