An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

We have really enjoyed having my cousin, Denise, helping us on Mondays. Since Denise's "children" are her kitties, she's been having a lot of fun and learning a lot. Ethan has been initiating her in the ways of babies, particularly with regards to spitting up. The first week, Denise used the burp cloth sometimes and ended up with a shirt and lap doused in stinky spit-up. The next week, she laughingly pointed out that she now knows the importance of a burp cloth at all times. Well, Ethan managed to miss the burp cloth and land his spit up on her arm, butt, leg, and the floor. It was a magic trick we didn't figure out. The third week, Denise got smart and brought a change of clothes with her. (Nobody likes smelling like spit up all day, especially the kind with formula in it-stinky!) Well, she didn't even need them because she was prepared! Isn't that just like motherhood?! As she was leaving, I had Ethan on my lap and realized he had pooped out the diaper, onto his cloths, and leaked onto my cloths. So, it happens to me too! 8) At least Denise missed out on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment