An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fitness update

Oh, I am so behind in blogging! So, I'll try to be concise.
I had my chest/pelvis CAT scan, and it was clean. Woohoo! I wasn't really nervous about it, but there have been verses about trusting God and songs and such that made me wonder if God was preparing me for another battle. This made me wonder if this CAT scan would reveal something unexpected. It did not. Thank You, God.
My hair is growing back in dark and curly. It's absolutely crazy to be fighting the puffball. However, I am enjoying the new hair style, as much as can be expected. Bob wants it long again. My thought is that I'll take it 1 hairstyle at a time; we'll see what happens. I am still determined to enjoy the variety. I've noticed some grays coming in but am constantly remembering what I said before - gray hair is better than no hair. 8) Also, I was driving the Mazda yesterday and as the sun was shining through the sunroof, I noticed that I have red hairs growing in too! Just like Lyndsey's. It was really nice to see this in that to me it means I'm bouncing back to me. (This dark hair is just so foreign to me, and I had blond and red highlights before.)
I'm having to watch what I'm eating again. Bummer! I'm up to 122 pounds, which is fine, but I'm noticing that it's not all muscle. When you factor in the muscle that I will be continually building as my butt, leg, hip muscles are developed, that would put me heavier than I want to be (and who wants belly flab!). So, I'm trying to be more mindful, I've made it to the gym a number of times (which feels really good!) and plan to become more consistent, and this too is a lot more like "normal" to me.
The back of my leg is really "zingy" now. The nerves are regenerating, but this means that shaving is torture! It's like getting constant electrical shocks all down the back of my leg! Sometimes, I get zinged when nothing is touching it. This is progress from numbness. 8)
I finish my physical therapy next week, and the rest is in my hands. Willem says it will take at least a year to get both sides symmetric in look and strength. Now for the discipline to keep up with my exercises! I think I'm going to set a high goal and then bribe myself with a professional massage when I attain it. That should work!
When I had my last CAT scan, I had to have contrast through an IV. It was a very different experience having it taken out because I now have arm hairs. Youch!! Tearing off the tape that keeps the IV securely in 1 place really stung! I hadn't thought about that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment