An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hair Humor

I think that because I had to have a sense of humor about my hair, weird "hair things" really crack me up. I'll share a few, and if you're lucky, you'll get the same great laugh over it that I have.
A few weeks ago, I was talking with a woman at the women's retreat. She asked me if I had a sister at church. I was wondering who she thought looks like me; perhaps it was Courtney or Melissa because I've heard that. (I think it's the smiles.) She went on to say that there was a woman who led Bible study that she went to a few times that she thought was my sister. I CRACKED up - not at her but in amazement at the connection she made from years before. "That was me!" I said. She hadn't known that I'd gone through cancer and chemo, so the difference in hair color and style made her not realize I was the same person. This still makes me chuckle.
The second thing is what my friend's daughter said to her Nana. Samantha is Lyndsey's age and told her Nana that I had a "chemo haircut" and that it still looked pretty. That is so incredibly sweet, and the part about a chemo haircut makes me laugh and laugh.
Laughter is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment