An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kids Update

Ethan started walking full-time a few weeks ago. I love watching him toddle around. As Jason predicted, he's quiet about his mischief and fast. I've lost track of him a few times but am getting much better at staying ahead of him. He's also started signing "all done" with regards to his food being gone, not him being finished eating. He loves to eat! He also loves to give me and Bob kisses. Out of the blue, he will come toddling over to me with his lower lip slightly protruding and humming "mmmmmm". It means he wants a kiss. Ohhhh! What a treasure! I'll be sad when he grows out of it.
Lyndsey is very good at painting fingernails. Auntie Beth and I were amazed. Hopefully, she won't decide to do it independently, which is why the polish is stored in my bathroom. She's also doing much better with not trying to physically make Ethan do what she wants him to do. I'm am so proud of her better self-control and greater demonstrations of respect. She was very concerned that when Papa John came to stay that he remember Cricket (his dog's) bed...always the nurturer.
Anderson has graduated kindergarten!!! It was a fun day, although Anderson didn't like wearing a tie. He is doing a great job reading, and today, I even found him independently reading his kids' Bible. This is a big step from reading to us or reading signs/food labels. The last day of school, he got a nice black eye. He and a friend collided, but he said it didn't hurt too badly. It sure looks like it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment