An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Friday, May 21, 2010

Family update

Ethan has decided that he wants to walk, sometimes. He still is really lovey-dovey and has a great dimply smile. He likes to fake laugh now too...it cracks me up. He LOVES Hayden (Jason and Dawn's baby), can't get enough of him...kisses and such. Hayden isn't quite sure what he thinks about it. We really enjoyed having him overnight a couple of weeks ago though!
Lyndsey is taming a little bit. Whew! She's doing great with learning her letters...basically picking it up by herself. I plan to do some "school" stuff with her next school year, if not before. I don't want to miss out on this! She's still struggling to obey rather than do what she wants to do, and to keep her hands off Ethan. *sigh* She's very good with Hayden though!
Anderson is doing great with his reading. He read Member Way on a road sign while we were driving, which I thought was pretty impressive. His mouth looks like a jack-o-lantern. As Ethan gains teeth, Anderson loses! He also figured out that the tooth fairy isn't real. It was a neat conversation, which included an explanation of why he moved his tooth fairy pillow to different spots. (He wanted to help the tooth fairy out, which made life very difficult for me!!!)
Bob rode a bicycle to work this morning - first time. He still isn't home yet. 8) He's had a great time spending money on the accessories that he needs. He's borrowing a road bike right now. Here comes another expense! GREEAATT.
I'm feeling really good. My energy is up, and I'm nearly done all my physical therapy. The Wellness program ended for me last Monday. It will be wonderful to not have appts. 4 days/week. The trick will be keeping myself from filling up the time. I know one thing; I need to tackle this house! We also need to get out for some walks too.
Off to make a new recipe for dinner. We'll see what the kids think of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment