An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Treatment Update

The scoop is that my kidneys are still a bit worked up, so I won't be having any more cisplatin either (that is 1 of the 2 drugs that I get an "A" and "B" dose 2 nights in a row for my "big guns" treatment, which is what I'm due for). Also, the methotrexate level is still detectable. So, the game plan is that I will go to Boston on Mon. for blood work and providing the methotrexate is out of my system, I will receive adriamycin "outpatient". I should be home by 6:00. And that's it for me and chemotherapy for 2009. (Routine scans will be scheduled for a month down the road.)
I'm so thankful to be getting this over with at the beginning of the week. I'm so thankful to have been able to do an art "class" with Lyndsey today. I'm so thankful to not have been in the hospital this week. I'm so thankful that I won't be staying overnight at MGH anymore. The unknowns are whether this treatment will knock out my hair again (which is starting to fuzzily grow in) and also what physical side effects I'll experience. Without the second drug and 2 nights of very interrupted sleep at the hospital, perhaps it won't be so bad. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for chemo coming to an end! Praying that this last batch goes well and that transition into a new phase of life is smooth.

    ReplyDelete