An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanks Giving Celebration Update

My body is so sore from all the standing, but my heart is so full. It was a wonderful evening, in spite of technical difficulties. 8) My reaction to all of this made me realize one area where God has changed me through this experience. My "type A" side of me would have been disappointed, and maybe a little bit stressed, that everything didn't flow seamlessly. However, it did not bother me at all. Praise God! (Less stress is always a good thing - for myself and those who are around me, especially Bob.) The trials of the flexibility required for chemo treatment gave me lots of practice letting go. It's not like I have control over many things anyway, but I think that sometimes there is an illusion of having control. Not so much during the last 11 months! So, I will pray about not reverting back to old ways as I know that can happen as the trial is more a part of the past.
We will try to post pictures some time soon. Also, we have a copy of the slide show, and Luke/Tris videotaped the celebration. If any of that is something you'd like to see, just let me know. Of course, I'd be happy to share it. Tris and Luke and also going to put together a "final project" that documents our journey in a more complete way. (Thank you so much, guys!) It won't be ready for a while, but I know that it will be worth the wait. So, I won't put people on the spot by asking if they want to see these things. (OK, I'll probably put a few people on the spot, like my brother Dan, but I'll try not to!) You can talk to me about it. 8)
Time to bust the boys out of bed so we can get to church. (Of course, Ethan is already up.) I'm amazed at how richly blessed I am from the celebration when all I was trying to do was give back as a token of thanks. God is like that. 8)

5 comments:

  1. It was great seeing you after all these months.. the kids enjoyed eating all that Pie! Your Apple pie was great! Thank you for encluding us in your celebration! sorry we left during the open mic time.. We did hear your mom speak and I axualy made a point to meet your mom in person b4 the crowd took the room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definately would like to see any slideshows. Send them my way. Sorry we missed your celebration. Celebrating with you from afar. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you send Papa John a copy, he will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah sorry i couldnt make it .i was sick? not sure what it was ,but didnt want to risk bringing it there cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice article..
    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete