An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Update

Well, I was feeling totally exhausted Thurs. and Fri., like I'd been run over by a truck. It was very hard to go back to that place, but I am so thankful that God kept reminding me that He is in control. He also reminded me that this is so close to the end, to have patience.
I was so wiped out that I went to the Dover hospital thinking I needed a blood transfusion. I was so sure of it. However, my "young" bone marrow is holding its own and bringing back the red blood cell count. Praise God! So basically, it was the chemo kicking my butt. Because this was a different treatment (all of 1 drug in 1 day instead of over 2 days), it was tough to know what was what. And, my doctor kept reminding me not to push too hard. What?! Me push too hard? I was relieved to know that I was doing what I should, having my blood checked, instead of wondering what my problem was. 8)
I noticed that even though I was only gone for part of the day, the time away from the kids (with me at the hospital) was hard on them. They're behaviors (Anderson's and Lyndsey's) were so different, but I think they were stressed out. After all, we had already celebrated the end of chemo. I'm sure it's hard to understand. We're back together again though, and there's lots of cuddles.

1 comment:

  1. hey Sarah,
    When we were friends I was Christy Winebarger. It has been so long ago. Mother sent me this link to your blog and girl you have really been through things. I am glad to here that things are getting better and how I wish I could come to your celebration. We are in Tuscaloos now, Ben is getting his PhD. I would love to hear from you anytime you are feeling up to it. I would love to catch up. Your family is just beautiful. Be well friend.
    With love,
    Christy Woodruff
    iambenswife@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete