An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Off-time Fun

God really blessed us with providing a great deal of energy during these last 2 weeks. I still nap most afternoons, but I've actually taken care of the kids a little bit by myself and accomplished a few things on my wish list.

*Anderson and I went on a birthday date...lunch at Friendly's, 6 year photo, and shopping for party favors for his brithday party with 5 friends.

*God gave me the energy to prepare for the party - doing invitations, shopping for party favors and supplies, making Anderson's cake, getting a gift, and making birthday brownies for his class. (I was very surprised by the energy I was able to exert, as well as the fact that my hip retaliated. It seems to be a bit better now.)

*The kids and I, with the assistance of my friend, picked apples at an orchard, saw baby farm animals, and went through a maze. Ethan loved riding in the backpack on Melissa's back! We all had a good time in spite of the cold.

*We had some fun family time with another family at a different orchard, having a pizza picnic and getting drops. (Mom and Lyndsey spent all day making applesauce! Hard work!)

*I finished getting Lyndsey and Ethan's clothes settled - clothes that are too small packed/given away and clothes that fit put in the drawers. Anderson's clothes are half-way there.

*I've been able to go to women's Bible study regularly...so uplifting!

*I actually scrapbooked 1 night - not very productive but the chatting was great. I also hung out with friends at a girls' night out. It was great to be with the girls.

So, as you can see, God has been very gracious. I know that this last cycle will bring more challenges, and after that, even more challenges with not overdoing it and the transition within our family. But, God will continue to take care of things. I just need to keep my eyes on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment