An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Friday, October 23, 2009

Chemo Update

Sorry no info. until now; Bob scrubbed the scrolling banner. 8) I'm home and exhausted...slept all day except maybe 2 hours. God keeps reminding me that tomorrow is a new day, and He still has me in His hands. At least I'm not sick, just feel crappy-tired, chilled, no appetite, thrush is back. Some of it might be due to getting a flu shot too. (H1N1 not avail. yet, so maybe I'll have that next week.)
Interesting trip to Boston, as always. Adventure started with the car drive; Aunt Carol and I missed our exit and didn't realize until we saw signs for Rte. 90. It was very dark, lots of trucks on the road (we passed), and we were gabbing. We're not used to traveling it at night either. Regardless, a phone call to Bob and a trip through the airport terminal got us back on track and we eventually made it at 9:08. The whole thing struck me as quite humorous, not sure why. The late time didn't really matter because they weren't going to give me chemo until the early morning (at my request - it's too tough on me in the middle of the night). The bed wasn't available until 7pm, which actually turned out to be a good thing as I was able to have Anderson's birthday breakfast for dinner with the family (thanks to Auntie and Dave).
I ended up getting chemo at 10:30am due to some craziness on the floor and the dr. not realizing that they won't mix the chemo until 9am (he had written the order for 10/22, which meant they couldn't mix it the night before). So, this was a very different experience, and my fatigue is usually what I would be experiencing Thurs. night. I'm just thankful that my liver settled down enough yesterday so I could get home mid-afternoon. (Also, it was great to see my nurse friends on Phillips 21 again as it had been about a month.)
It looks like I'll have the same schedule next week due to the minimum time required between treatments.

2 comments:

  1. sarah still praying for you is there anything i can do

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest thing we need is prayer - for endurance, for my Mom who is running low on energy, for the family as we start to head into the post-chemo transition (particularly Bob and I), and for the post-chemo celebration we're trying to put together. My heart's desire is that it will glorify God and touch people's hearts where they're at. Thanks, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete