An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Latest health development

This weekend was tough in that I was at the ER for 5 hours on Sat. to find out that I have "several" pulmonary embuli. Breathlessness was what brought on a call to my dr. and the directive to go to Frisbie for blood work, lung CAT scan (NOT fun), EKG. They're treating it with more Lovenox shots (3/day). I'm hoping that I'll be able to use Cumadin (sp?) instead since it's an oral medicine. We'll talk about it on Tues. when I go down for chemo. Whatever medication Dr. Choy puts me on, it will be for at least 6 months.

I have to say that the news on Sat. was really tough. Another struggle, another obstacle...yet I can also say another opportunity for God to show us Himself. Tough stuff though. I am thankful that they let me go home (since I'd been getting Lovenox shots from Bob after my hip surgery) and also that my breathing has improved. The ER dr. informed us that I could be in a lot worse shape (in a very nice way - I was glad that he told me how it could be). That is definitely something to be thankful for.

More things to be thankful for: We had a McD's picnic with the kids at the park today; it was good to do something sort of normal and just be around them. And, I ate my first Reese's peanut butter cup since chemo treatment started, and it actually tasted good. Until today, I had no desire for my favorite candy (nor ice-cream!), so it was a pleasant change, although temporary.

3 comments:

  1. We love you guys and pray for you regularly. You are a real inspiration to me.
    As I was reading your blog all of a sudden the music came on and WOW I was sooooo blessed with it.
    All my love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I wrote my comment above before I read down below. I am so sorry you are having these problems. I guess you won't be going to the hospital today after all. Maybe it will give you a little more time to rest. Take care girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah... I hope your breathing has gotten better and I will continue to pray for healing in your body as you go through Chemo... Reeses are my favorite to and I so glad you enjoyed some family time and a sweet treat!!.

    Your wig looks sooooo good!!!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete