An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hospital Update

Well, there is a lot to report; I've had u/s on my heart and legs to cover the bloodclots found in my lungs over the weekend - all clear. I will be having shots 2 times/day for the next 6 months to prevent future bloodclots. The ones in my lungs are not a threat, just a nuisance to breathing (as the heart echocardiogram revealed a strong, healthy heart.) Also, I am not having a blood transfusion at this time.

I'm nauseated but not throwing up yet - thank You, Lord. There are times that I feel like I will but so far so good. I slept very poorly last night as my chemo didn't finish until midnight, and I had been given a steroid as part of my pre-chemo cocktail...not good for sleep. I had forgotten that last time, I had 2 nights of chemo (both drugs), so we go back at it tonight, probably until midnight. I did catch a nap today.

I'd like to share how God is answering prayer. I had been quite stressed out since Monday. As I reflected on "why", I think it was going to Boston for these crazy drugs without Bob and concern about who the nurse administering the adriamycin would be, concern about the bloodclots as well as the multiple shots, just not wanting to go as I've developed some hospital and hospital food aversions. Well, I kept praying about it, and crying, and was so relieved to find out that my nurse, although a new one, had helped with a treatment before and I really trusted her. ALSO, she wanted to hear about why I was stressed. She came up with a great solution for the shots. There is a cream (EMLA) that numbs the skin, which I had picked up for accessing my port as the last time bothered me quite a bit. So, we're now using that to administer the Lovenox shots, and what a difference! Tonight's administrator of the chemo will be Lindsey, one of my favorites. This really helps put me at ease. So, God has shown His faithfulness once again. Please continue to pray against the mouth sores, vommitting, and nausea. It's really hard feeling like this.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, i don't believe that we ever had the pleasure of meeting at church (RBC) so i'm sure you don't know me from a hole in the wall...but none the less I just want you to know ... I think you're amazing. Your strength through this terrible ordeal has inspired me. I don't know how you do it but am so glad that God is with you at all times. Keep up the amazing faith you have and be strong.... we are all praying for you and your family. Take care. ~Karen Beauregard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, You are going through all that you are and your thinking about my eye, you are sooo sweet. I am having surgery at Lehey in Peabody, MA on Tuesday and then I have to go face down for a week. Only lifting my head 5 minutes per hour. It is tough, I did it a year ago when I lost the sight in my right eye. I got the vision back though so it was worth it. I'm praying that the vision in the left eye will come back too. Thanks for asking. I won't be responding for the next week, but I did mail you something special. I hope you like it. I will be thinking and praying for you girl. Take care, Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I am praying for you sweetheart that is what you have as I read your writings. You have a sweet heart.

    Oh dear, dear Jesus,

    Thank you that we can let you know how much we need your touch through people. Thank you for the care you are giving Sarah. Please send a lot angels her way. A steady flow. May worship fill her room and distract her from the pain.

    I love you Sarah.

    Take care,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you Sarah for being so honest and detailed in all that you are going through. God uses you and your testimony to work in our lives too. Keep you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete