An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Are You Chicken?

My old roomie sent me a great care package. In it was a button a lot like the "easy button" but it says "Are you chicken?". When you push the button (which the kids LOVE to do!), it plays the chicken dance song. Yes, it served its purpose and made me laugh. (Video below - Yes, I'm wearing my wig.)





I also really appreciated her note about flapping her wings. It reminded me of our way back at UNH of encouraging each other to be courageous during trying times..."Let me hear you roar!" (taken from "I am woman. Hear me roar."). Back in those college days, a meow was just not an acceptable answer. Well, I'm trying to have courage and flap my wings, a tall order but oh so important. God gave me spunk for a reason; He knows my journey. He also gave me my college roomie for a reason...thanks, Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment