An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cardiologist Appointment

I saw the cardiologist yesterday, and it was a very encouraging appt. I've had a lot of question marks with regards to what I can't do, what would happen if I overdid it, whether it's safe for me to be alone, what various physical symptoms mean. Although I don't now have all the answers, I do know a few things...1. The dr. liked what he heard when he listened to my heart and lungs. He thinks I'm making progress, that the medications are doing what they should. 2. The dr. increased my medication, which is a good thing. I'm now at a clinical level/dose, as the dr. thinks my body can handle it, which also means that the medicine should be working most effectively. 3. I am fine by myself and really just need to watch for light-headedness which would mean too much diuretic and that it's time to sit down, eat some Doritos (salty), and call the dr. 4. The dr. is "cautiously optimistic" that this will not be a permanent diagnosis, that my body will heal. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, God is still in control, holding my heart in the palm of His hand. This truly has been my comfort each night as I fall asleep, even when I had more questions than answers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing better. How is the new baby doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elyana is doing great! She is definitely growing and changing fast. We're all really enjoying her. She's a champion nurser and sleeps about 4 hour stretches in the night, at least once. My meds don't seem to be affecting her, which is also a great answer to prayer.

    ReplyDelete