An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vacation Recap - Part 1

Our trip to FL was tiring but went smoothly. We were thrilled to be able to carry all our luggage on and not have to pay extra fees. We even got in a bit early! The kids enjoyed flying, although Lyndsey was nervous during the descent. She held my hand so we wouldn't fall out! She also noticed that when the plane takes off, it goes as fast as Daddy's car! We discovered that Ethan does not nap on planes until he can't possibly hold his eyes open. I had to lull him to sleep back near the engines, bouncing him and swaying. Anderson really enjoyed looking out the window but did not enjoy carting our stuff through the airports. However, when we were renting the car, we met a passenger with a parrot. That was very cool; he told us a lot about it. (It was in a cat carrier, minus the cat.)
We spent he first few days of our vacation in South Pasedena at a condo. It was very nice and allowed us (me) to wind down a bit from all the pre-vacation hoopla and the traveling. I was quite tired and took a lot of naps. The pool was really nice. The kids loved going between the pool and the hot tub - gluttons for punishment, I think. Ethan really liked the water - his first real time in a pool/lake! He laid right back and floated in his life vest. He was very relaxed!

Anderson came down with the flu the morning before we were supposed to leave for Orlando, throwing up and all. Lyndsey also got it. I was praying that the rest of us wouldn't catch it! I had no idea what we were going to do if we were sick the next day. Fortunately, God stopped the flu, and although Bob and I had our moments of not feeling great, we never got sick. (Poor Courtney did the night before they were headed to Orlando!)

No comments:

Post a Comment