An encouraging verse sent by a friend...Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Friday, December 18, 2009

Catching Up


OK. It's been way too long since I have blogged. Here goes...
We're all doing really while, in spite of Ethan and Anderson having colds. We're hoping the rest of us don't catch it! We are enjoying the Holiday season in spite of its busyness and trying not to pack too much in. We've enjoyed a Christmas party at Bob's work (photo attached) and a potluck with friends. The month has also been exciting with Dawn's baby shower, Ethan learning to crawl and pull up on things, Lyndsey's enjoyment of the Christmas music (you should see her dance!), snow, Anderson getting ready to lose his 4th tooth, and the kids experiencing ice skating for the first time.
Last weekend, Bob and I went to Boston for a set of CT scans, doctor's appointments, and the removal of my port. All went very well. It was great to see some of my nurses again (quick visit) as well as my doctors, and the results of the CT scans were good. We stayed overnight in Boston at a friend's place and enjoyed dinner in the North end. (I'm sure we were quite the sight, walking in the rain while I caned and Bob held the umbrella for both of us. How romantic!) Getting the port out was the last thing on the "to do" list, and although it took longer than expected (they used me to teach a resident...a little disconcerting since I was awake for the whole thing!), I was amazed at how good I felt afterwards. I was expecially surprised at how I felt emotionally - I felt "whole" again. I hadn't thought that the port bothered me too much, but it sure was nice not having it in my body anymore, nothing extra (besides the steel femur that I'm happy to keep).
After all the appointments on Monday, we WALKED from MGH to the Cheesecake Factory (at least a mile) and had a DELICIOUS dinner. It was the first meal in its entirety where I could taste (and fully enjoy) everything! Woohoo!!! My tastebuds aren't all the way back, but this is huge progress. What a blessing to have such a great meal with Bob!
OK, enough for now. I'll write more later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Please stay that way. Everyday you will feel more and more normal and eventually you won't even think about the cancer. Enjoy the holidays as much as you can but don't overdo it. Take good care of yourself. Love You, Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year. Aunt Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Blessings all around. :)

    ReplyDelete